Touch Panel HMI - Human Machine Interfaces
A human machine interface (HMI) is a platform which permits interaction between users and automation equipment. Delta’s HMI products provide various communication ports for fast communication and convenient control of a diverse range of machines, systems and facilities. The color touchscreen enables intuitive parameter entry and a variety of ways to display variable data, including trend graphs and alarm elements. The high resolution LCD display visualizes operating, monitoring and efficient control in real time. In addition, the user-friendly editing software guides users in quickly creating easy-to-navigate visual icons and easily designing intuitive monitoring screens for applications, while making adjustments, scheduling, and programming operational sequences that enhance flexibility and save development time. This achieves rapid system development that simplifies wiring and installation, saves operating expenses, and makes systems more efficient, eliminating time-consuming adjustment and additional maintenance costs.
Delta HMI Solutions
As established specialists in the field of industrial automation and power management, Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. is ideally positioned to meet all of your HMI needs. Our range of high-quality HMI touch screen units feature:
- High-Resolution LCD Displays – Each Delta HMI touch panel display is designed with ease-of-use in mind. Via our interfaces, operators and engineers can enter new parameters and easy programming to monitor a wide variety of equipment. With full-colour, hi-res charts and graphs, managing large process and manufacturing environments is simplicity itself when you have a Delta HMI or all-in-one PLC HMI solution.
- Multiple Communication Ports – All of our HMI industrial solutions feature a range of different communication options, which means they can be used to control many types of machines, production facilities and systems.
- User-Friendly Editing Software – Thanks to our simple yet powerful editing software, HMI programming is a much simpler task with our touch screens. You can create intuitive graphics and advanced monitoring displays quickly and easily with a Delta HMI control panel solution.
- Programmable Alarms – In addition to creating the alarm notification that simplifies the process of monitoring complex industrial machines, systems and facilities, our Human Machine Interface range can be programmed to raise messages and time trigger alarms when specified parameters are exceeded.
All of the features we have included in our HMI display range have been designed to support rapid system development as well as the efficient control and monitoring of existing systems. Our industrial automation HMI solutions are therefore the perfect choice for companies that wish to make significant efficiency improvements and create new, more innovative systems.
Whether you are solely interested in maintaining existing systems and facilities in the most convenient and cost-effective manner possible or you plan to develop new and more effective systems in the near future, contact Delta Electronics today.
Our Range of HMI Solutions
Our range includes basic, standard and advanced HMI solutions, all of which are exceptionally reliable and robust:
- Basic – For simpler industrial applications, our Basic HMI panel solutions are a great choice. Easy to install and featuring IP55 waterproof protection, they are cost-effective and extremely reliable, even when installed in harsh environments. Each Basic HMI screen comes with a single COM port and the ability to add an extension COM port if required.
- Standard – With a larger, higher resolution display and an additional COM port, a Standard HMI monitor can be used for more complex applications than a Basic monitor from our range.
- Advanced – Our Advanced HMI panels are built to an even higher specification than our already impressive Basic and Standard models and come with additional features such as multilingual support.
For more information about our range of HMI solutions or details of a specific HMI product that we manufacture, please do not hesitate to contact us. A member of our team will be more than happy to provide you with all the details you need and to help you select the right solution for your requirements. In the meantime, you will find some useful suggestions on making your selection below.
Choosing the Right HMI Touch Screen Solution
When specifying a new HMI, PLC HMI or HMI / SCADA solution, there are a number of factors you should consider:
- Operating Environment – All of our HMI electrical panels have been designed and built to operate reliably in harsh industrial environments but the installation location is still an important factor to consider as it may affect your choice of screen size and other features.
- Connectivity – The machinery you wish to control may also influence your choice of HMI. Interface / communication options include built-in Ethernet, COM ports and USB Host / Client.
- Future Expansion – If you are likely to want to expand your HMI machine control and monitoring solution in the future, a more advanced model with greater capabilities will be your best choice.
- Existing OS / Software – To avoid compatibility issues, select an HMI touch screen that can be seamlessly integrated into your existing systems.
- Individual User Requirements – The needs of each member of your team should be taken into account when choosing new PLC and HMI solutions.
In addition to these factors, you should also think about the HMI touch screen price you are happy to pay. Whilst our Advanced models are very powerful, you may find a Basic or Standard model to be the best and most cost-effective option for less complex manufacturing and process control applications.