Bangkok, Thailand, August 16, 2021 - Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. received the Thailand Energy Award (TEA) 2020 award in three categories: Executive of Designated Factory, Designated Factory (Delta Plant 6) and Off-Grid Alternative Energy Project for Delta Plant 6 2MWp Solar Rooftop Project.
Due to COVID-19, the TEA 2020 award ceremony is delayed and awards are only displayed online. This is the fifth year for Delta to win the prestigious sustainability award from the Ministry of Energy in recognition of factories, buildings and individuals that demonstrate responsible use of energy resources for sustainable development.
Delta previously won the prestigious Thailand Energy Award in 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019 for rooftop solar power projects and energy efficiency solutions in its Samutprakarn and Chachoengsao green factories.
The Executive of Designated Factory award category recognizes former Delta Thailand President Mr. Hsieh Shen-yen for green energy accomplishments including:
• Vision, mission and commitment in Thailand’s first company with ISO50001 certification
• Policy implemented to all personnel in the organization
• Energy conservation promotion
• Green energy awareness and motivation activity
• External parties involvement in CSR, open house, knowledge sharing activities
Delta Plant 6 received 2020 Thailand Energy Awards in both the Designated Factory and Off-Grid Alternative Energy Project categories in addition to the 2020 ASEAN Energy Award in Energy Management for Large Industry category.
The Designated Factory category award recognized accomplishments in the Delta Plant 6 energy efficiency project including:
• Optimizing energy efficiency by implementing SCADA energy management software solution for real-time monitoring and self-adjustment
• Conducting 32 energy saving projects during 2017-2019 with 6,962,264 kWh/year in energy saving and 24,820,078 THB/year in cost saving
• Highlighted energy saving projects include a 2 MWp solar rooftop and an injection machine energy improvement for 60% energy savings of 1,462,920 kWh/year
• Creative energy saving project to improve air ducts in production areas for 66,240 kWh/year in energy savings
The Off-Grid Alternative Energy Project category award recognized accomplishments in the Delta Plant 6 2 MWp Solar rooftop including:
• 3,032,420 kWh/year of power generation worth 12,129,680 THB/year and 2,102,000 kg/year in CO2 emission reduction
• 6,853 Polycrystalline PV modules over 13,000 m2 area on the factory and carpark roofs
• 41 Delta inverters with maximum efficiency 98.6%
• Delta original DelREMO IoT solution for real-time monitoring and alarm system
As a global corporate citizen, Delta leverages its original products and green solutions to promote energy-efficient and sustainable business in Thailand. Delta’s commitment to energy-saving and environmental programs help it to deliver on its brand promise: Smarter. Greener. Together.